Friday, November 12, 2010

Kampupot sa Ilalim ng Tulay!

Quickpost: I was in Maloma, San Felipe, Zambales. I chanced upon this nice massing of pandakaki (Tabernaemontana pandacaqui) or what they call kampupot. The plant is a very common fixture along the coastal areas in Luzon. But most I have seen are quite scraggly. This specimen caught my eye and looks like it was planted there, which I doubt as most plants there were common weeds and grasses. Just goes to show that some of our native flowers are indeed very landscape worthy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pandakaki is different from kampupot. Kampupot is a variety of sampaguita (jasmine sambac) that has double layers of petals (double-petal) also known as rose jasmine. Like the single-petal sampaguita, kampupot has a fragrant scent, though less fragrant than the single-petal sampaguita