Thursday, November 3, 2011

Dine and Design in the Room Upstairs


The TRU logo
I found myself last Saturday meeting up with former UP classmates Arch Dino Delotavo and Interior Designer Pinky Peralta in Market, Market!  We went around Alabang but eventually ended up in Pinky's shop in LRI Building over at Reposo. It is aptly called The Room Upstairs or TRU for short, located at the second floor and just above the stairs.  Pinky and her husband Ari had been keeping a furniture shop cum coffee corner.  But in recent years the coffee shop part have already overtaken the sales area, becoming popular with LRI clients, designers and recently with internet users, named one of the most popular coffee shops (in a foodie website) around the metro.

Salad
Tuyo pesto
The Room Upstairs has the eclectic look of furniture showroom but is also cozy, perfect for coffee-goers. We sat at a deep corner and Pinky ordered away their specialties. They got me a salad, tuyo pesto pasta and for desert, Russian cookies.  It was a gastronomic delight, as well as a visual one as the platefuls were beautifully presented. My eyes were further visually stimulated as I went through the furniture pieces which Pinky designed. I would definitely go back and try the other stuff on their menu.  Hope the comfy couch we sat on would be available the next time I am back at TRU.
The different dining sets to dine in

2 comments:

Francisca said...

One of my favorite restaurants in Manila! :-)

[I came to your blog looking to identify a couple of trees with flowers I posted today... nice blog you have!]

metscaper said...

Thanks. Happy identity hunting!